[Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 68, Issue 13

Duvall Video Productions mike at duvallvideo.com
Fri Jan 11 12:44:44 MST 2013

Max,  Did you follow the manufacturers instructions for break in?  Crane cams
doesn't say you need to use special additives forever with only that you use
break in oils......

CRANE FLAT TAPPET CAMSHAFT RECOMMENDED BREAK-IN PROCEDURE
Due to the EPAs mandate for zinc removal from most motor oils, proper flat
tappet camshaft break-in procedure is more critical than ever before. This is
true for both hydraulic and mechanical flat tappet Camshafts. As a point of
interest, the most critical time in the life of a flat tappet camshaft is the
first 20 minutes of break-in during which the bottoms of the tappets
mate-in with the cam lobes.