[Mgs] ZDDP

Councill, David dcouncill at msubillings.edu
Fri Jan 11 08:48:24 MST 2013

Not usually. But when I took it to a glass shop to replace windshield and
seals when I was fixing it up two years ago, I did drive it home, top off
during a snow storm with temps in the teens. It was a memorable experience and
got lots of stares as I drove down main street.

A month ago I brought the 64B in the garage to fix a few things including
anemic heat. I didn't realize until then that the very early MGBs actually
have flaps to shut the heater outlet in the floor area. And mine were shut.
I'll have to check my 67BGT and see if I have them as Moss indicates that they
may have been used up until 1970 -
http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29084&SortOrder
=390
Normally, like on my 72B, you have part 50 (plastic heater outlet piece). But
it looks like part 45 of which they have a pdf accessible for info on an
aftermarket replacement. A nice feature.

David Councill