[Mgs] Moss MGA/MGB Laygear upgrade

PHIL BATES jello at cableone.net
Wed Jan 9 09:40:43 MST 2013

Barney,
I have an MGA gearbox I need to rebuild.  Basically, just bearings,
thrust washers, 1st gear etc.  I wondered if you have (or know of
anyone that has) experience with the Moss upgrade kit that includes a
new laygear with new needle bearings (the loose bearing style),
spacers to keep the bearings in place, and dummy shaft??  I read most
if not all of your layshaft improvement page and the info on the
improvements.  It appears the Moss kit takes care of that, although it
also contains a layshaft....which may or may not be needed (you say
they are very hard wearing).

Phil Bates