[Mgs] loctite question

Charley & Peggy Robinson ccrobins at ktc.com
Mon Jan 7 12:05:06 MST 2013

Let's keep in mind that torque specs are meant to set the fastener
(bolt, stud) into the approximate middle of its elasticity range and the
torque specs are given in a range too.   If a torque spec is given as,
say 40 - 50 ft-lbs I'll set my wrench for 45 and sneak up on it.  One
crenelation in a castellated nut, more or less, isn't that big a deal, IMO.

CR