[Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 79, Issue 5

Glenn Schnittke g.schnittke at comcast.net
Tue Dec 10 21:22:06 MST 2013

Mark,

Andrew has two very good points. They can't do either. The only
difference I've found, If my memory is as good as I think it is (HAH!)
is that the plastic fan doesn't have the keying flat that the metal one
does.It's not a deal breaker. I've usedboth in my '67 roadster and can't
tell the difference. Output is about the same. I might warn against
going to the SUPER! IMPROVED! UPGRADE! The upgradefans that the usual
suspects are selling don't quite fit through the hole in the front of
the heater box and the screw holes they provide don't quite match up
with the originals. So if you have a problem with it you have to take
the whole box out in order to remove the fanand move the mounting holes
(at your expense). The original just slips out the front of the box,
easy as you please.

Glenn