[Mgs] MGB vent window opener

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Fri Aug 2 01:55:41 MDT 2013

The spring *should* be enough to hold the vent open.  There is a brass tube
on the pivot pin and this should be above the 1/4-light frame, i.e. in the
vent seal.  Under the 1/4-light frame i.e. in the door cavity there should
be a washer, then the spring, then another washer, then the nut.  Tightening
the nut compresses the spring and should squeeze the 1/4-light frame between
the brass tube and the washer above the spring, and this friction should be
enough to hold the vent open.  If some of these parts are missing or worn
out it should be easy enough to remove the vent by undoing the nut under the
spring, and checking/replacing parts.  However if the brass tube has worn
through the vent frame you will have to lift the vent seal and probably put
a washer above as well.