[Mgs] MGA Timing cover bolt pattern

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Thu Aug 1 22:55:44 MDT 2013

I think it is impossible to install them out of place.

The shortest 1/4 inch bolts (very short) go only into the engine
front plate with tapped holes where there is nothing else benind
it.  The longer 1/4 inch bolts (2) go onto the two lowest holes where
they screw into the front main bearing cap.  The rest are larger thread size.

HZS0403   1/4-28-UNFx3/8  (3)  Front cover to mounting plate.
HZS0406   1/4-28-UNFx3/4  (2)  Front cover to main bearing cap.
HZS0506  5/16-24-UNFx3/4  (4)  Front cover to mounting plate and crankcase.