[Mgs] Coming to life

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Mon Apr 29 01:50:34 MDT 2013

Only dropping to 11v, plus slow cranking, is an indication of bad
connections somewhere in the cranking circuit as Hans says.  Ordinarily you
can expect a drop to about 10v with a good cranking speed.

Where did you measure the 11v?  The fault will further on towards the
starter from that, so you can use the meter at the batteries, solenoid etc.
to narrow it down.  Also measure between the engine and a body earth, which
should show zero (or very low) volts while cranking.  Voltage in that test
indicates the engine/gearbox earth is bad.