[Mgs] Still taking things apart

Richard Lindsay richardolindsay at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 13:08:35 MDT 2013

Hi Friends,

Fun in the garage today - although I'm getting a little tired of
taking rusty things apart.  Soon I hope to begin rebuilding.
Fortunately, the engine and driveline will be fun - and they're not
rusty - at least not inside! :-P

Today I took the bumper and rear valance off, as I continue
disassembly.  The goal is still working toward lifting the tub away.
Here's how it looks now.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130420_123023.jpg

And now, a few close-ups to aid in reassembly.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130420_123034.jpg

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130420_123038.jpg

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130420_123044.jpg

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130420_123050.jpg

Once cleaned, all of these parts will get a coat of POR15 before
painting and reassembly.

Once I got this far I needed to stand up and stretch my old back.
While doing so, I began removing the mahogany wood around the rear of
the tub.  This car has had the top replaced a number of times and the
wood is quite chewed up.  Moss stocks these parts and I will replace
the chewed-up bits with new.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130420_125054.jpg

And this is where I stopped.

-rick