[Mgs] The Chinese guys don't get it

Mike E redscirocco at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 13 23:14:23 MDT 2013

MG may not mean much to people born in the U.S. in the last 30 years, anyway.
But SAIC doesn't seem to be too interested in the US market anymore.

Mike Eldred

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 13, 2013, at 9:09, "PaulHunt73" <paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com> wrote:

> The SUV is similar to any number of other manufacturers offerings in that
segment they didn't fill before, and very similar to the Range Rover Evoque
which while revolting is in great demand.  The 'GT' looks like a squashed
MINI, the other two conventional saloons, and so like, again, any number of
other manufacturers.  They aren't targeting us classic MG owners, we are a
small and reducing number, although they may do a Midget in time.  Whilst 'MG'
probably doesn't mean a lot to people born in the last 30 years why shouldn't
they (the company) market designs that will appeal to them (the public) like
all the others, using an 'English' name they own?  Pity they don't do the
XPower SV though.