[Mgs] The Chinese guys don't get it

Paul Root ptrmgb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 16:45:30 MDT 2013

Here's a press release for it. Dripping with self congratulatory marketing
speak.

I've got to say, I kind of like it. It looks modern. It could probably do
well, up against things like the Kia Soul. The market isn't us old geezers,
it's the 20 somthings, they want different things in a vehicle.

I'm undecided on the Chinese MG. On the one hand, they are MG (legally and
that's all that matters). On the other, the Chinese faciiitated the bankruptcy
of the British MG, and bought up the pieces. Sure they would have gone
bankrupt anyway, but they never had any intention of really partnering.  They
did the same thing to Saab, but GM thankfully killed that deal.

http://mg.co.uk/news/2013/04/12/mg-to-unveil-urban-suv-concept-at-shanghai-sh
ow/

On Apr 12, 2013, at 4:55 PM, Rick Lindsay wrote:

> Naaa Don. B That car is butt-ugly. B Reminds me of a couple-year-old Ford
Focus. B e.g. the 'hot hatch' teenager market.

> But what you say is true. B I'm old and although an exotic car guy, the new
Corvette and even the latest offerings from Maranello look to me like plastic
kit-cars. B Full scale Hot Wheels.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/richardolindsay@gmail.com