[Mgs] Wood eye?!

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Sun Apr 7 13:46:59 MDT 2013

Rick,

I have been through an Austin Healey, MGB GT V8 and now a 1957 Aston
Martin so I am well versed in an explosion of parts !   I have a
garage full of bits, a workshop in the house with 8 big Rubbermaid
cupboards, workbench with peg board back.............all with parts
!  Despite my experience with the first two cars I still did not take
enough photos and not enough "general" ones.   Thank god for digital
cameras - I spent a fortune on photos for the AH.  I also did not do
enough hand drawn diagrams.  Incidently, the Aston is far far more
complicated than the MGB and takes a lot of room.  For instance, on
the MGB the front torsion bar (ant-sway bar) is a bare rod held to
the chassis with two rubber sleeved brackets.   The Aston torsion bar
has a three piece cast aluminium assembly each with 12 bolts to hold
them together, 4 (that's four) ball and needle bearings, splined high
grade steel torsion bar,  and it is filled with oil !!  That alone
takes an acre of ground :-).