[Mgs] MGs in the big city

Councill, David dcouncill at msubillings.edu
Thu Apr 4 14:30:33 MDT 2013

I had been planning on sending a variation of this email out as I had a
question on MG daily driving in the big city. Due to several reasons, I
decided to look for a new job in the Northwest Pacific (USA) in the
Portland/Seattle region. I applied for a few jobs but one of my nagging
concerns was driving. I have 3 MGs and a Land Rover that I drive. Yet during
my many trips to Seattle and Portland, I have never seen any LBCs on the road,
except when car shows are being held. Does anyone use their MGs as daily
drivers in these or other big cities? I did apply for a position at Portland
State University but they indicate that they discourage commuters, preferring
employees to use public transportation.

However, my question may be somewhat moot now, except for curiosity. During my
job search, I came upon a job in eastern Washington at Washington State
University. Not quite the area I was originally looking at (as its about 250
miles to the east) but it looked interesting and the job was at a much larger
university than the one I currently work at (Montana State University). So I
applied and checked the place out. A large university (20.000+ students) in a
rural community - rolling wheat field terrain with lots of small towns. Just
got the job offer today so I am excited with the move. I just have to make
sure I find a place in one of the surrounding towns and I will have a nice
work 10 mile plus commute on two lane highways with lots of curves. It is
going to be great driving. Anyone one else in the area
(Spokane-Pullman-Moscow)?

David Councill
64 B
67 BGT