[Mgs] MGB Seats

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Sun Sep 23 02:32:55 MDT 2012

Indeed (RB or CB, roadster or GT), and the last thing you want is the rails
clattering on your shiny paintwork.  However I've found that the outer rail
with the adjuster is fine, it's the inner one that falls off.

Push the seat back as far as it will go and use a ratchet ring spanner to
undo the front bolts.  These are concealed inside the fixed crossmember so
try and avoid stripping the welded nuts or shearing the bolts.  With those
undone you can get the seat to slide forwards further than normal, and use a
standard socket on the rears.  Replacement is the reverse of removal,
personally I've never had any problems locating the rear holes first as you
can look down on them.  With those in it is just a matter of swinging the
front rails from side to side until you feel the bolt go into the nut.