[Mgs] Speaking of horns

Charley & Peggy Robinson ccrobins at ktc.com
Sat Sep 1 15:59:20 MDT 2012

Just realized that I left plenty of ambiguities/mistakes in my last
post. When I said .."If that's what you have..."  I meant what was
depicted in the link to Moss's catalog.  When I wrote about a switch I
was wrong.  That's not a switch on the clamp.  Not sure what you'd call
it but it's there as connecting point for the wire harness to the horn
ring.

DUH!

CR
Holy Smoke!  I was thinking of a spiral-wound spring with a contact
cylinder riding on it.  They used to fit in a hole drilled in the
steering wheel hub and rub on a slip ring mounted on the column. If
that's what you have I'd replace it on the grounds that it may have lost
tension in that long arm.  Too bad you can't just get the switch.  Looks
like it just slides into the clamp and is retained by friction.

CR