[Mgs] MGA 180 out Distributor Mystery

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Mon Oct 22 18:54:30 MDT 2012

It's the vacuum advance position. The limits to rotation are the starter,
the heater valve, and of course how much slack you have in the vacuum hose.
With the gear 180 degrees out, the vac advance knob will be in an awkward
position, and you may not be able to dial in all the advance you want
because the pot is hitting something.

I struggled with this for some time before finally sorting it out. There was
a reason for the factory orientation.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149