[Mgs] MGBGT heater removal?

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Mon Oct 8 00:35:09 MDT 2012

Heh heh, this one is tricky. Did you pull the tubes from behind the rubber
elbows that lead to to the defroster hoses?

Those elbows are simultaneousy grommeted into the chassis box and somehow
skootched around the outside of these short tubes that go into the heater
box.

You can get them out, but I'm damned if I could see any way to get them back
in. My solution was to find some slightly smaller tubes, cut the originals
shorter, and make a telescoping arrangement, so the back end of a tube could
be already socketed, and the front end of the other already tucked into the
elbow when I squeezed it in. Not 100% airtight, but it's not like it was
already.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149