[Mgs] MGB Engine and gearbox reinstallation

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Thu Oct 4 03:41:59 MDT 2012

Now I know I'm going to be told to fit the engine and gearbox as a unit.  But
has anyone removed the mount brackets from the engine front plate, dropped
just the engine down between the chassis rails and brackets, joined the
gearbox to the engine on the floor under the car, then lifted the assembly
into position and refitted the mount brackets and mounts?  I realise the rear
of the gearbox may need jacking up as the engine is raised into position.
Space and hoist limitations make lifting the combined unit in from the top
problematic.

Thanks,