[Mgs] MGA Chassis

Tom McCay - Classic-Car-World Ltd enquiries at classic-car-world.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 13:01:40 MST 2012

Hi guys, I'm in the process of repairing the chassis of a MGA 1600. When I cut
the bottom of the rail which is about where the doors would be I discovered
what appears to be blocks of wood inside the chassis rails. Please see the
following link:

http://www.ccw-tools.com/uploads/mga/DSCF3098.JPG

This is looking at the underside of the chassis with the chassis flipped
over.

The top side wood has totally decayed and has come out like compressed paper.

The question is was this in place to give perhaps a jacking point for the
chassis or was it there to prevent the sides of the chassis from collapsing
in?

Thanks

Tom McCay
MGA1600 (in Bits)