[Mgs] Locating my rear end

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Sat Nov 3 04:21:13 MDT 2012

It occurred to me overnight that if the end of the rod nearest the front
spring mounting were free to move on the spring, given that the rod seems to
have rose joints, it wouldn't do anything at all.  Quite coincidentally a
pal emailed me with a discussion on RV8 rear suspension.  They have torque
control/anti-tramp arms on the rear suspension, and there are Moss and
Frontline kits as well.  The aftermarket kits have a similar bracket to the
ones on the left in your picture, but they bolt to the spring front mounting
bracket and the floor near it.  That makes a sort of parallelogram (ignoring
the curvature of the spring), which allows the axle to move up and down
freely, but prevents the axle twisting under high torque loads.