[Mgs] Can't remove clutch slave components

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Wed May 9 04:48:39 MDT 2012

It's a beggar unless you take the engine out!  Removing the starter might
give you more access.  Failing that I'd cut the hose off then grind the
fitting off from the bottom of the bracket which should allow you to lift
the top part of the fitting away from the bracket and pull it down a bit to
give better access to the two parts that are normally above the bracket.
Worst case scenario is that you have to replace the pipe from master to
bracket as well.  If you give up on the hose and just replace the slave you
will probably find that with the slave screwed onto the hose the slave
brackets no longer line up with the bell-housing as the thread start is
almost certainly in a different place.  I was lucky, an additional copper
washer lined it up again, you don't want to bolt it on with the hose
twisted.  What was really annoying is that I'd only just put the engine back
after a clutch change, only then finding that the slave had started leaking.

You may not need to remove the clevis pin, the push-rod coming out of the
rubber boot simply sits in an indentation in the outer face of the piston,
it's not attached.  You should be able to get away with using the old
push-rod as long as it is the same length as the new.