[Mgs] periodic miss

Michael Singleton mike at sportscarslimited.net
Mon Mar 12 10:58:48 MDT 2012

Back to the original thread, no one has mentioned the relay for the
ignition. These can fail in the manner menitioned, especially if one of the
wires is making contact with some metal part, as it is located near the
bonnet, radiator shroud, etc. I have seen where the relay has shorted enough
to melt a portion of the plastic case of the relay, and allowed the various
components move around enough to cause an intermittant short, which kills
the ignition. The same can happen to the starter relay as well.

Mike

Michael Singleton
Sportscars Ltd
10170 Croydon Way