[Mgs] periodic miss

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 11:03:50 MST 2012

Probably NOT the rotor, cap, wires or plugs.  The tach signal comes from
the primary side of the ignition system.  So if you are losing the tach you
are losing the primary, not the secondary (HT) side of the ignition system.
Don't forget to check the primary lead and ground lead inside the
distributor for breakage, they flex constantly and can break inside the
insulation.
Rick