[Mgs] Battery/Alternator question (Non-MG)

Joseph Cianciotti jmc987 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 23 11:31:37 MDT 2012

This morning my non-MG vehicle (1993 Volvo 240) wouldn't start. It cranked a
couple of times and then died. I measured 12+ volts at the battery. Hooked up
the charger/starter to the battery, waited a couple of minutes and the car
started right up. I measured 13.88v at the battery. Let it run for about a 1/2
hour, the turned it off. Let it sit for another half hour and it started right
up (though it was warm this time). I have a new Bosch alternator in the car.
The battery is a few years old (I really can't remember). What do you guys
think? Time for a new battery?

Sorry to ask a non-MG question. But you're the best group of mechanics I know.
Thanks in advance for your sage advice,

Joseph Cianciotti
1967 MGB Roadster
1993 Volvo 240