[Mgs] air pump question for a 70

Allen Hess allenhess at mgcarclub.com
Fri Jun 1 13:48:25 MDT 2012

I have a '71 MGB. When I first got it, it backfired when shifting.
Determined that was due to a bad "gulp valve". So took of the belt,
disconnected and plugged the hoses and all was fine. This car was very
original and so later on I got a new gulp valve. Hooked everything
back up and it was good for a few months. Started to backfire again
and I gave up. Once again I disconnected the air pump system but it's
still on the car. As they say "you mileage may vary" . . .

19th Annual British Motorcar Gathering
All-British car show hosted by the Keystone Region MG Club
Sunday, June 10, 2012 | Reservoir Park, Hellertown, Pa.

http://www.keystonemg.com/hellertown.html