[Mgs] Intermittent miss

Henri Lefebvre 71mgbgt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 09:03:02 MDT 2012

Peter,

My Triumph TR8 was acting in a similar fashion: it would quit
momentarily, or totally, but it started very easily then ran well.

It turned out to be the loose ignition switch unit. The wire harness
plug on the back side of the key switch was loose and following some
slight movement/rattle of the key chain in the switch the power would
turn off. In my case I re-tightened to harness plug to the switch and
all is good.

Henri
1971 MGB GT
1975 TR6