[Mgs] Fuel Tank Sender unit replacement

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Mon Jul 30 08:15:55 MDT 2012

I've never seen a removal tool but I can imagine what one would look like.
On a rusted out (body, not sender fitting) mild steel tank it was just a
matter of tapping each tang on the locking ring in turn to try and turn the
locking ring in an anti-clockwise direction.  With each tap it doesn't
actually turn of course (until it comes loose) but it sort of knocks the
ring from side to side in a three-cornered motion.  Just keep tapping round
each in turn until you start to see it move.