[Mgs] [Spridgets] Electrical Saga & A+ engines

Charley & Peggy Robinson ccrobins at ktc.com
Thu Jul 26 15:30:57 MDT 2012

Hmmm....... Well, I didn't ask a question.  Nor am I suggesting that you
should have "thrown parts at it."   I do think that you could have done
some electrical troubleshooting with the generator on the car.  I'm
assuming that you know your way around a DC generator charging system
and how to use a VOM.   If not, any of the late 50s - early 60s Motors
or Chilton auto repair manuals would give you the troubleshooting
instructions.  I still have a couple laying around.

As far as DC generator charging systems go, just about everyone of my
generation (I'm 74) put thousands of cross-country miles on cars so
equipped.  No big deal; they were all we had. ;-)    I think my first
alternator-equipped car was a '66 Corvair Corsa coupe w/turbocharger.
Just one of those things; I always drove older or vintage iron. :-) MY
'69 B has an original type 5 wire alternator on it.  But I truly don't
care about super originality.  It's a driver not a show car.

Anyway, peace,

CR