[Mgs] '66 MGB project

Peter Ryner pryner at verizon.net
Fri Jan 20 06:38:23 MST 2012

I have a 1966 MG that has been sitting stripped for several years.  I had
planned on doing a complete restoration and to that end have purchased
thousands of dollars of parts in preparation.  However, looking around the
house recently I just have too many other projects to complete all of them
and the B is low on the priority list.  I got enthusiastic a few months ago
and finished the rebuild on the engine and transmission, mated them and
built a roll around storage fixture for the mated pair.  I didn't save all
of the parts receipts but I built a spreadsheet listing all of them and
looked up current prices and found that I have over $8K in parts!  I also
have two spare engines and transmissions although some parts are missing.
One engine is a three main  and the other is a later model 5 main.  None of
the transmissions hve OD.  A few years ago I picked up several parts cars
and rescued various extra parts.  I'm looking for someone who wants to take
on a major project and save and early B.  I know I'll never recoup the cost
of parts and am negotiable on the price.  I have a clean title.  I'm located
in the Tampa area - you will have to come pick the car up.  I do have a 16'
trailer available for loan but with all the parts you'll need a truck and
maybe two trips to get it all.  Please contact me off list if you or your
club are interested.  I can send the spreadsheet of parts upon request.
Pete