[Mgs] title information needed

Simon Matthews simon.d.matthews at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 14:19:11 MST 2012

Max,

The VIN for my MGA is the engine number. According to Clausager, this was
quite common for MGAs in California. However, I don't think there is any
reason for this. In fact I believe it is possible to get the VIN number
changed to the body number.

So I think that either the engine number or the body number can be used for
the VIN -- it just has  to be an identifying  number that the DMV  (or
perhaps the CHP) can see on the car when you take it to finalize the title.

Simon