[Mgs] mufflers

Paul Root ptroot at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 11:21:58 MDT 2012

I know this is probably pointless to ask, but it's time for a new muffler for
my car. Hit a bump this morning, and the front now has a hole, and the rear is
really close.

Anyway, I'm not concerned with getting 1, 2, or 5 more HP from my exhaust
change. I'm interested in volume.   I don't want it loud.

Can anyone rate the relative loudness of the stock (well 68-74 from Moss) vs
Tourist Trophy vs big bore stainless vs Peco?

I have a '77 with HIF conversion and stock pre-cat manifold.   I'm not
planning on changing the manifold at this time, but that's not a show
stopper.

thanks,