[Mgs] Air Compressor

Jim Juhas james.f.juhas at snet.net
Fri Aug 17 08:01:39 MDT 2012

I experienced this failure twice now, on a 35 year old 1hp unit and a
much newer 5hp.  They were not catastrophic, just noisy and wet
(indicating why they failed).  I found an identical tank for the 5hp,
hopefully with less/no rust, at a flea market for $10.  I plan to weld
in a replacement patch on the 1hp to try to save it, cutting back to
where the tank is still solid.  The little one has sentimental value,
I've had it so long.