[Mgs] 1966 OD Plug

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Fri Apr 27 09:12:35 MDT 2012

I am an engineer from good old Blighty and I know that engineers can
be wrong.  I bought a new Maserati Biturbo and found that 2nd gear
sucked. I heard Alfa Romeos had the same problem but had solved it by
using ATF so I tried it.  Worked beautifully and my gearbox worked
like a Swiss sewing machine for years.   So the engineers were wrong
and recommend the wrong oil.  One consideration is that modern
machinery means closer tolerances which effects any reconditioned
engine that has had the bores, pistons, and piston rings
done.  Another consideration is that oil, petrol, and grease have
changed since MGBs were pups.