[Mgs] Sometimes it works...

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Sun Apr 8 16:55:14 MDT 2012

 and sometimes it doesn't.  It is a beautiful Easter here in Salt Lake
City, wonderful spring weather.  I had big plans to get lots done in the
yard and in the garage this weekend.  But no, I'm sitting here at the
keyboard, have been inside all weekend with a cold.  So my weekend plans
didn't work out.

But one plan has worked out, and for over 20 years.  Yep, in April of
1991 Team.Net became a registered domain, and the lists and FTP service
and web pages moved from various machines at the U of U where I worked
at the time to a dedicated machine.  One aspect of that is that keeping
it running takes money out of my pocket.  Not that much, though I keep
thinking on checking just what size bite of my power bill the Team.Net
hardware does take.

Speaking of hardware, you are no doubt aware that Team.Net is running
on a nice new, well, new to me, server that was purchased with user
contributions last spring.  And no doubt you've noticed the transition
has had some issues, like with the archives and the forums.  I am working
on smoothing out the remaining wrinkles to keep it all flowing smoothly.

What you can do to keep it running smoothly is make a contribution
to the cause.  Information regarding how to do so can be found at
http://www.team.net/donate.html

Some of you have donated recently, especially during the 'Find Mark a job'
thread on the Healey list.  In case you are wondering I no longer am a
parts delivery guy but wrenching on cars again at Bailey's Service here
in Utah.  Spending $500 - $600 or so a month on gas and oil is something
I won't miss about the old job!

And I do appreciate the help I've gotten regarding the MGA air hoses.
I'll be able to install them properly thanks to you fols.

If you feel like Team.Net offers you something worth supporting, I would
appreciate a contribution.  If you'd rather not, don't worry about it.

Thanks,

mjb.