[Mgs] MGA Starter Motor Color

wilkmanracing at aol.com wilkmanracing at aol.com
Tue Sep 20 19:31:43 MDT 2011

 Some may recall my question about the starter motor in my MGA that ran slow
after running the car for a while.  Thanks to the many who offered suggestions
as to where the fault might reside.  I took to motor to Jerry Felper of
British Auto Electric.  Jerry identified  several issues that needed to be
corrected on my lazy motor and he rebuilt it to a very high standard.  Now I'm
wondering if I should paint the motor dark burgundy to match the engine or
leave it black as delivered.  Does anyone know what was originally done at the
factory?

Bill Wilkman
1960 MGA
In family since new.