[Mgs] backup light switch

mgbob at juno.com mgbob at juno.com
Wed Sep 14 14:56:01 MDT 2011

Hi Sam,
   It's not easy to see, but can be seen, through the opening in the tunnel
through which the shift lever passes.
   Remove the knob, then the ring and the gaiter.
   Feel forward in the hole. Fingers can reach this switch that's almost on
centerline of the remote housing.
   If you have OD, that OD switch is forward and down, and more difficult to
reach.
   These two are the same switch, activated by a plunger that fits into a
notch in the linkage below.  It may be that a wire has come adrift, so look
for that before hassling the switch out and installing new.
Bob