[Mgs] Step # 2 of Front End [hub] DIS-assembly ! ! ! ! ! !

Shop at " Just Brits " shop at justbrits.com
Sun Oct 23 11:34:45 MDT 2011

Step # 2 of Front End [hub] DIS-assembly :

Now that the Grease Cap [aka 'cup'] is out of the way, using [best bet]
good quality paper
towel(s) clean-out all of the grease from inside that you possibly wipe
away.  You may  even
have to employ some [BEST selection] brake cleaner or  [second
selection] carb cleaner
OR [WORST selection - LOL] half a dozen aerosol cans of WD-40 to try to
just FLOOD the
grease out ! ! !      (could NOT resist - LMAO)

Once grease is away, locate the 'hole' in rear spinner threads and
rotate hub so that the
cotter pin may be removed after you straighten out the folded-over end.
This 'Step" IS
one (1) of the more funner ones on the car ! ! !  LOL
Now just prior to me sitting down at keyboard and 'offering up' my
prose, Frank K. said:

<< Part number 212-320 is for a shop manul? Were you being cynical in
suggesting it?  >>
( NOTE for Frank:  Spelt Chexk not working ! ! ! )

Frank, Frank, Frank - SURELY you are not implying that R.T.F.M. FIRST
should be Step # 1
in ANY repair one is attempting, ESPECIALLY one's FIRST time for said
job ?!?!?  And/or
"consult the Moss Catalog for Exploded diagram of parts" - anybody
notice how many time
Moss has been mentioned in this thread WITHOUT mentioning the diagram ??
'Course I am also sure that you would not advocate following The
K.I.S.S. Rule, right ?!?!?
Shameless plug for myself:
Yes, I do stock the Shop Service PARTS Manuals for a number of MG Cars
[and other LBCs]
[ONLY write direct for info, plz !] ! ! ! !

Ed
1]  Please visit MY site at:               www.justbrits.com
2]  Please visit Frank C.'s site at:   www.spritenut.com
  .   Article(s) and/or pictures REQUESTED !

PS:  I also stock a fair amount of MGB & Midget Parts - NOT ONLY Moss
<G> ! ! !
PPS:  Anyone interested in a 2nd Owner '70 [ORIGINAL & COMPLETE] El Camino
         in need of full ground-up resto ? ! ? ! ? ? ? ?  On my site and
Make Offer.