[Mgs] Re; front hub removal problem

Shop at " Just Brits " shop at justbrits.com
Sun Oct 23 11:03:15 MDT 2011

LMAO, Glenn ! ! !

<< By the way, I have just donned the Nomex suit. >>

NO 'need' ! ! !  -:)
And same thing, PaulH ! ! !

<< ...or make up a tool such as this
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/greasecap.htm  >>

whilst that "tool" looks like it would 'work' Paul, it SURE is UGLY ! !
!     LOL !

Now I'll "offer up" the CHEAP and NON-time consuming 'tool' <G> ! !

Requires a visit to your local real hardware store [HUGE sacrifice for
me = LOL]
and find the screen/storm door repair section.  In my two (2) stores - Ace &
Tru-Value - there are a couple yellow small parts containers and one has
an approx.
2" long double female [brass in my case] side-side 'nut'.  Take one
(1).  Also grab
a 12" or so hunk of threaded rod  that fits the double female.  Change
"departments"
going to the full area of nuts, bolts, washers, bolts, & screws ! !
Grab THREE (3)
nuts for the threaded rod --- one (1) as a Jam Nut against the double
female and
two (2) more for the other end of threaded rod making THEM [effectively]
a double
am nut set-up.

Now proceed DIRECTLY to check-out WITH-OUT stopping in any other department
and keep the [serious] impulse to pick-up something else ! ! !   LOL !
!  Now PAY the
nice person the less than $5.00 you own ! !  IIRC my last one was a
couple pennies
less than $3.00 [I include with all 'B' front end kits at N/C].

Returning home, install assembled "brand spanking new tool" by screwing
the open
end of the double female on to the Grease Cap Stud.  Now you may select
the type
of "pliers" [I use med. Vice-Grips] and grip the rod just inside of the
"double jam
nuts" and pull the Grease Cap out of it's "little resting place" ! ! !

Step # 2 of Front End [hub] DIS-assembly to follow.

Ed
1]  Please visit MY site at:               www.justbrits.com
2]  Please visit Frank C.'s site at:   www.spritenut.com
    Article(s) and/or pictures REQUESTED !