[Mgs] tool to tighten the boot latch

Paul Root ptrmgb at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 08:18:55 MDT 2011

Is there a tool available to tighten down the trunk latch? I can't get a
channel lock in there, and everything else I tried is better at removing skin
from my knuckles than tightening that nut.

My lock broke last week, the screw came out of the lock cylinder, the lock
cylinder seems stripped. So I found the old one (original?) and put it back
on.  The key I got with the one that broke, ten years ago, works for that lock
as well.

Maybe I need to clean the threads better?