[Mgs] Flex Lines to Clutch/Brake Master Cylinder

wilkmanracing at aol.com wilkmanracing at aol.com
Thu Oct 6 07:20:08 MDT 2011

One of the really exasperating jobs on an MGA is changing a master cylinder.
With the fittings at the back of the M/C, it is essentially impossible to
attach the lines with the M/C bolted in place.  Attaching them with the M/C
unsecured necessitates bending the metal pipes and forcing the M/C into
position, working against the resistance of the pipes. Seems to me a logical
solution would be to have a union on the fire wall, with flex lines extending
from there to the M/C.  Does anyone offer a kit for this purpose, or has
anyone worked out the detail this type of solution?

I recently installed a rebuilt M/C and now I find it is leaking, apparently
where the pipes attach at the back of the M/C.  I hate to unbolt the M/C and
force the pipes back and forth for what must be the umpteenth time for this
old gal.

Bill Wilkman
1960 MGA
In Family Since New