[Mgs] question about paint prep

Clayton Kirkwood crk at godblessthe.us
Tue Oct 4 22:49:38 MDT 2011

Perhaps the thing to do is spray on some paintable rubber sound/heat coating
and then paint that. There is also paintable rust inhibitor which has
phosphoric acid as a major component.

I was hoping that a blaster would work. I bought a couple of cans of
aluminum oxide media which is pretty angular and I'll see if that works. I'd
like it if somebody knew the qualitative difference between a suction
blaster and a pressurized blaster; I'd love to force myself into buying a
pressurized blaster unit and a bigger air compressor.

crk