[Mgs] Wheel cylinder snap ring issue- HELP

David Ambrose stargazer1 at cox.net
Wed Nov 2 15:17:38 MST 2011

I install them with the curve facing down. I've been placing them atop
the wheel cylinder with the two ears engaging the groove, I then take a
pair of channel-lock pliers set fairly wide and facing straight on to
the backing plate, engage the top of the clip with one side of the
pliers, and the bottom of the slave cylinder inlet with the other.
Squeezing the pliers pushes the clip around the slave cylinder inlet,
and I seat the ears in the groove with a screwdriver.

I've never found any kind of percussive seating to work.

Cheers,
Dave Ambrose