[Mgs] trailer brake control

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Sun May 29 15:23:22 MDT 2011

I'm guessing you have a European vehicle that you are using as a tow vehicle.
In the US trailer brakes use proportional voltage to control the trailer
brakes 0V = no braking, 6V = 50%,  12V = locked.  European cars use 0 or 12
with nothing in-between.
What you need is a digital brake controller. The way it works is when the unit
sees the 12V indicates braking an internal accelerometer sends the proper
voltage signal to the electric brakes.
Google trailer brake controller or digital trailer brakes and see what you
find.
Rick

Sent from my iPhone