[Mgs] Hydraulics

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jun 11 06:07:51 MDT 2011

Natural rubber seals melting with modern hydraulic fluid is said to have
been a problem in the 50s
http://www.liquid115.com/brake_fluid_for_classic_and_vintage_cars.html but
that would have been on cars that were old then, which excludes the MGB and
probably the MGA.  Castrol LMA exceeds DOT4 and DOT4, apparently
http://www.castrol.com/castrol/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=9012213&contentId=7024043,
but not as good as DOT5.1/Super DOT4.  It also mixes with DOT4 and DOT5 and
is ethylene glycol based so not that different to DOT3, DOT4 and DOT5.1
glycol.  One swallow doesn't make a summer.