[Mgs] Seat Belts

The Roxter rocknatural at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 12:09:01 MDT 2011

On 7/2/2011 6:40 PM, Don wrote:
> As much as I hate the government meddling in my life in certain
> ways, I don't mind it when I am protected from corporate malfeasance
> such as toxins in my food or pollution in the air I breathe.
> Seat belt requirements, like motorcycle helmet laws, not only
> protect the individual, they result in less of a burden on society
> in general as there are less disabled people to deal with.  Same
> with cigarette taxes and warning ads, but with tobacco there is some
> collateral damage.
> However, when you can't even find playground equipment to buy
> because of liability laws, the state has really gone too far.
The real truth about the government protecting us from corporate poisoning is that they don't really do that. There is a federal law against any food company labeling food, stating that it does not contain genetically modified material. If you want to avoid "Frankenfoods," the government doesn't want you to. As far as the government protecting you from pollution, did you know that the US Military is exempt from all those laws? The military uses more CFC's than any other entity and they are allowed to vent refrigerant to the air. If I did that I could be fined $50,000 and go the the federal pen for ten years.

-Rocky Frisco