[Mgs] Seat Belts

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jul 3 09:38:01 MDT 2011

There's been at least three cases recently where someone has pulled into a
lane with a truck already in it and ended up being pushed sideways up the
road in front of the truck.  The most recent I came across was a Stobart
driver who said it was only when leaning forward to look down and see the
roof because the truck didn't seem to be pulling very well that he knew
anything about it.  The frightening thing is that after exchanging details
the woman in the car continued her journey!  Another woman presenter on
local radio recounted with no sense of shame or embarrassment that after
misjudging an oncoming vehicle in a country lane and going into a ditch, she
managed to extricate it and although the car 'felt funny, I thought it might
correct itself', she completed the rest of he journey and got out to find
one tyre flat and smoking.  Her response was to call the breakdown people to
change the wheel, regardless of what else might have been bent or broken on
the car.  If we didn't keep these idiots alive, they wouldn't be able to
procreate and produce more idiots ...