[Mgs] Seat Belts

Charles Hill chillmog at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 2 18:36:16 MDT 2011

I did a little searching for seat belt statistics.  I had no problem
with US statistics.  NHTSA and other web sites have all sorts of
numbers.  One thing that I noticed was that seatbelt use in states that
have seatbelt use laws was much higher that in those without.
Information on other countries was rather sparse.  What little I did
find actually seemed to place USA somewhere in the middle of the pack
overall with some states rating very highly.  Canada did very well.  One
list I saw placed them number 1 with 95 percent compliance.  Most of
what I found was 3 or 4 years old.  Hopefully everyone is doing better
by now.

Charles Hill