[Mgs] No oil pressure new B engine

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 12:10:28 MST 2011

My buddy had a new engine built for his B.  Engine does not produce any oil
pressure.(I told him I would build it, but did he listen?)
I have pulled the line to the oil pressure gauge and pumped oil backwards
into the engine per the suggestion on Barney's website.  We have even turned
the engine backward, and still no oil pressure.  I tried pumping oil into
the oil pressure gage line and then using shop air to force the oil down
into the pump.  When I did this I could hear the air bubbling in the oil pan
so I am fairly sure the pump is NOT dry at this point.
Taking the hose off the inlet to the oil cooleer I can feel some pressure
buld up, but I am getting no oil out.  We have carnked the engine with the
plugs out till the batteries are dead.
So I have two questions before I pull the pan.
I seem to recall that either the gasket kit either came with two gaskets or
it is possible to get the gasket on backwards/upside down.  Is my memory
correct, or am I getting old?
Any other suggestions you have before I pull the pan?
Thanks
Rick