[Mgs] Interesting BGT... + Rover V8

Norm 2Bs twobees at sprynet.com
Thu Jan 20 12:27:21 MST 2011

Have any of you seen the BGT V8s that are being vintage raced?  Awesome!

One reason we didn't get the ex-BOP, then Rover V8-engined BGTs was the EPA
regs.  And, Nixon wasn't a "car guy."  Must have hated them since he was the
one who proposed the EPA.  Granted, we certainly needed it.  Because under
the "free market" no-holds-barred attitude of the time we suffered.  I
remember the first time I flew into LA in early '70s you couldn't see the
ground at mid-day until you were over the 110, maybe not even until the 405.

BTW, Athens, Greece suffered much the same because of the similar geography
- ocean, flat-land and ringed by mountains.  Saw the same thing there.  But,
it still has problems because the Greeks haven't done much about it.  I was
fortunate in that I missed most of the real bad days when driving was
restricted within the city.

Drive fast & clean.

Norm