[Mgs] heater motor wiring

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Wed Jan 5 09:19:03 MST 2011

Does "all cars" mean all then current year (1972) models of MGB, or
all prior buiilt MGB as replacement parts?

Even if it is all prior MGB, change of replacement part heater motor
to "all cars" for MGB in 1972 does not necessarily revert to MGA,
which is where this thread started.  Concours concious MGA folks may
not like that idea.  The polarity sensitive MGB motor can be
connected to turn the right way for MGA, but is it equal or better
than the original part?  I have seen a heater motor for the MGB-V8,
had one in my hands once and sent it back.  The thing is at least one
inch shorter than the earlier motors, and all of that length is taken
away from length of armature coils and field magnets.  Can a motor
half as long internally be as powerful?

What's the heater motor look like after the change for '75 North
American and '77 UK models when they changed to three wires?  I
suppose that was after the V8 was out of production, and the shorter
motor was no longer required.  Three speed without a resistor, Maybe?